Friday, February 29, 2008

Let there be light

Our anniversary is really on Monday but we are going out tonight. When you are married as long as we have been and since we have stopped eating out, the actual date on the calendar doesn't matter. Any ole night will work. One of the benefits of not eating out is that going out to eat is now special.
So we are heading out for an evening on the town. Gluten free, of course. I have my menu printed out and we are set! I think that God has been preparing me for a time such as this because I have always been one to want to know what I would order before arriving at the restaurant. For those times that I did not know before hand - it was a disaster. (Christmas shopping trip!)

It's funny how Randy never comes to me and says "How about us getting a new cordless drill for our anniversary," but I have no problem saying, "How about us getting a new lamp for our anniversary."

Of course, being the best husband in the entire world, he thinks the lamp is a perfect gift to each other!

I happened upon the lamp by accident earlier in the week and fell in love with it. What better reason to splurge than 24 years of marriage. And even to the same person! And every single time I see this beautiful, hand painted, Fair Trade, masterpiece - I will remember all the blood, sweat, and tears of each and every single year.

This little lamp of mine - We're gonna let it shine!

No comments: