So yesterday I made several purchases.
Soy Milk. I don't drink milk except in my coffee. I'm trying to cut out milk products for a couple of months and then re-introduce them into my diet. However, I don't like the soy. So now I guess I need to start drinking my coffee black. UGH!
I also bought kosher salt. Only because I've read how good it is to cook with. Since I'm all into cooking these days I thought I'd give it a try.
My next purchase was my very own toaster. To avoid cross contamination. Which, I have found out, is a problem.
This morning, I pulled the toaster out of the box to make my tapioca (bread) toast and couldn't figure the dial out. So I plugged the toaster in and looked inside to see if the knob would make the bread pop out and there was a bunch of stuff in the bottom of the toaster. I thought it was cardboard from packaging so I unplugged the toaster and carried it to my sink to dump it out. Imagine my horror when I opened up the crumb tray to find actual bread crumbs! In my "brand new" toaster.
First thing - I can't have my sterile bread touching that gluten. I know. I know. I am a Nazi. Second thing - somebody USED the toaster and Wal-Mart put it right back on the shelf.
This really has really bugged me because I am trying to locate every morsel of gluten still in my diet. I would have used that toaster and never knew that a source of contamination was my new toaster.
And what if that toaster had been used as a meth lab. Or what if somebody chopped up their girlfriend and toasted part of her leg. I read the news. I know what goes on out there in the world.
I am just really disgusted right now.
I will not eat toast. For a long time. If ever.
No comments:
Post a Comment