Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Sweet Dreams

Psalm 4:8 I will lay down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.

Tonight was my small group night. We get together every week to help each other make it through the next week!

Recently, we have been discussing how powerful it is to pray scripture. One of the prayer requests was for calm and restful sleep. My friend was well equipped with three specific verses on sleep. One of them was Psalm 4:8.

As I opened up my Bible a neon pink note card caught my eye. It was from several years ago and I have no idea why I still had that thing in my Bible. I'm not one to have a bunch of stuff stuck in my Bible. I remember once Randy dropped his Bible at church and 52 bulletins and inserts and Sunday School worksheets and Bible Study lessons were everywhere. That is not me. My Bible is much neater. I had last weeks bulletin and some notes. Nothing from last month much less 4 years ago.

But there it was. In my hands. In my handwriting. It was a list of 4 women who were (and still are) near and dear to my heart. Each name had a verse that I had been praying just for them. My friend, in desperate need of sweet dreams, was on the note card.

Written beside her name was this: Psalm 4:8 I will lay down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.

An answer to prayer? I think so.

No comments: