Friday, February 1, 2008

best intentions

I thought that we would do really cute, homemade Valentines for Abe's classmates as well as the 1st graders that Annie helps with.

I have had all the supplies for two weeks now. Have I started? No. Have I thought about them? Yes. Every day. Will they get finished before February 14? I hope so.

And then there is Annie's scrapbook. We surprised Abby with a scrapbook when she graduated and now Annie and I are getting ready to start hers. Poor girl. She has to help with her own surprise! Truth be told - I wouldn't attempt a scrapbook without her. Last weekend we finally purchased all the fun things to get going. Have we started? No. Have I thought about it? Yes. Every day. Will it be finished before her graduation in May? I certainly hope so.

Speaking of Annie - she still needs her passport for her cruise. We finally did get the picture taken. 7 days ago. That is as far as we've gotten. This is not entirely my fault. She has worked every day and so we will have to wait until she has a day off.

And then there is this weekend. When we moved into our house (exactly three years ago!) I fell in love with our pantry. I painted the walls Lime Green thinking it would be "fun."

Guess what? I am sick of "fun" and I used the "wrong" white paint on the shelves. I guess Randy was too busy renovating the entire rest of the house to supervise my paint choices and so for three years - the white paint has been flaking off the shelves. What that means is we have paint chips all over the floor and everytime I grab a can of veggies there are paint chips all over my kitchen.

Randy is "remodeling" my pantry this weekend. We are putting up beadboard and re-painting everything cloud white. I am so excited. I have purchased new canvas totes to organize things in. It is going to be amazing!

So now today I have to hurry home and empty the ENTIRE pantry before he gets home. Those are my strict orders from him. I have 6 months of canned goods, all of my crockpots, skillets, pasta cooker, steamer, bundt pans, baskets, tupperware, and a peg board full of stuff, to unload and pile into the dining room for a week.

Where do I come up with all these brilliant ideas?

The better question may be WHY do I come up with these brilliant ideas?

No comments: