First things first. Abe's conference wasn't yesterday. It is NEXT Monday! How do I get so confused? I may have gotten a few too many highlights in my hair.
Then - I sent little guy to school today. He said he was feeling good. He ate breakfast. Still felt good. We did decide to pack a lunch because the school lunch didn't sound yummy to him. I told him if he felt funny to call me and he could come home. He reassured me that he was fine. I reassured him that I was a phone call away.
Around 10:00 this morning the school secretary called work to let me know that Abe was in the office. Very low grade fever but feeling ill nonetheless.
My confession is this: I am a terrible horrible mommy. I HAD to finish the paperwork for our driver at work. He was heading out for the week and waiting on me to leave town. At 10:45 I arrived to pick up Abe. He was sitting in the office with his coat, hat, gloves, and backpack on. It broke my heart. He had gotten booted from the sick room. Somebody much sicker needed his spot so he was just sitting in the chair at the front of the office. Patiently waiting for me.
He looked at me and said, "I thought you would NEVER get here!"
I had to agree. Those were the longest 45 minutes of my life, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment