You have to take parenting one day at a time. With a grain of salt. And at the same time - you have to be able to see into the future. How things may be one day if you don't nip it right now. Something else that I have found to be true is that you really shouldn't give any sort of parental advice until you are one yourself.
Things I used to think would bug me have turned out to be not so bad. ie: nose ring and tattoo. I've really found that neither is a big deal. THAT said I would prefer no more piercings or more tattoos And that would be a very, very strong preference. Are you listening, girls?
Conversation from last week.
Me: What if you meet somebody someday who is really conservative and has an issue with your tattoo.
Her: I would never like anybody like that! I will only like somebody who has MORE tattoos than me. (Sometimes, I SWEAR, I am talking to the 3 year old version of this child)
Later that week.....
Me: Promise me that you won't get any more tattoos until AFTER you graduate college? She did!
(I'm thinking of her counting some guy's tattoos making sure he has atleast 1 more than her. If she only has one- she only needs to find somebody with two. She can be perfectly content with a two tattoo kinda guy)
No comments:
Post a Comment