Saturday, March 1, 2008

Princess Me

Since going gluten free 17 days ago I have adjusted rather well. I should say that it suits my obsessive compulsive personality. However, I am not ready to give up eating out entirely but honestly, I haven't missed it at all. But by last night I was ready for a meal that I didn't cook and a meal that I didn't have to worry about HOW it was cooked.

We chose PF Chang's mostly because the gluten free menu looked good.

As soon as I told our waitress I needed a gluten free menu - my entire 17 days of celiac turned around.

The manager came to our table and introduced himself. He let me know that HE would personally be overseeing my meal. HE would personally be bringing my plates to the table. He also told me that my food would be on a "different" plate than the rest of the restaurant so as not to accidentally get mixed up resulting in me getting the wrong food. He also told me that their chefs are specially trained in the 8 major allergens and I could order almost anything off the menu and they could prepare it gluten free.

I about jumped right out of that booth and into his arms. How much happiness he just sprinkled into my little world! Every time he came to our table I wanted to greet the man with a kiss.

Everything was delish. I didn't feel like a food freak. He even gave us a coupon for a free appetizer next time we visited. Which will be very soon.

I have my old crown from highschool homecoming ready to go.

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Yeah for princess Steph! There has to be some benefit for turning your world upsidedown, right??