
What a day. Started out normal. Got worse as the day progressed.
I've been wanting new basement furniture for some time now. Before Christmas, we found a great deal on a reclining leather sectional. I'm not into leather. Or sectionals. But the price was great and it would have been wonderful in our basement. The furniture movers could not get the "wedge" to fit into our basement. Randy had the brilliant idea that he would remove the leather and unbolt the frame and then put it all back together again in our basement. Me, not being the risk taker, thought that was a little risky. So we returned it.
Today - by chance - I found the exact couch that I wanted. It was very cozy (not leather) and would seat many (and not a sectional). It was a sofa with a lounger (see picture) I loved it! It was two pieces - no wedge - and Randy said it would fit in our basement.
Today - by chance - I found somebody that would buy the couch I already have. We scraped enough cash up and went to get the new furniture.
I was excited. Happy. Pleased. No buyers remorse. Which, if you know me, NEVER happens. This was surely meant to be.
My brother so happily came to help with the couch swapping.
My brother is probably not speaking to me.
Old couch was a BOOGER to get out. We now have ceiling tiles that need replaced and walls that need repainted. My spirits were still up. The new cozy couch of my dreams would make it all worthwhile.
To make a long story short my brother-in-law showed up in the middle of the mess. Three grown men could not make my dream sofa fit. Couldn't get it down basement stairs. So - we returned new couch.
And then tonight - my brother and other brother (they must really love me or they are so looking forward to payback) came and shoved the old couch back down.
Plan B?
Take two Excedrin and go to bed.
I've been wanting new basement furniture for some time now. Before Christmas, we found a great deal on a reclining leather sectional. I'm not into leather. Or sectionals. But the price was great and it would have been wonderful in our basement. The furniture movers could not get the "wedge" to fit into our basement. Randy had the brilliant idea that he would remove the leather and unbolt the frame and then put it all back together again in our basement. Me, not being the risk taker, thought that was a little risky. So we returned it.
Today - by chance - I found the exact couch that I wanted. It was very cozy (not leather) and would seat many (and not a sectional). It was a sofa with a lounger (see picture) I loved it! It was two pieces - no wedge - and Randy said it would fit in our basement.
Today - by chance - I found somebody that would buy the couch I already have. We scraped enough cash up and went to get the new furniture.
I was excited. Happy. Pleased. No buyers remorse. Which, if you know me, NEVER happens. This was surely meant to be.
My brother so happily came to help with the couch swapping.
My brother is probably not speaking to me.
Old couch was a BOOGER to get out. We now have ceiling tiles that need replaced and walls that need repainted. My spirits were still up. The new cozy couch of my dreams would make it all worthwhile.
To make a long story short my brother-in-law showed up in the middle of the mess. Three grown men could not make my dream sofa fit. Couldn't get it down basement stairs. So - we returned new couch.
And then tonight - my brother and other brother (they must really love me or they are so looking forward to payback) came and shoved the old couch back down.
Plan B?
Take two Excedrin and go to bed.
2 comments:
we have a not-leather not sectional l-shaped sofa in our basement that we will sell with the house since we don't want to remove the ceiling/re-paint/repair again to get it out.
i think everyone with a basement has a sofa story!
Oh yuck. I am so sorry!
Post a Comment