I had all these great plans. We were going to head out around 3:30 today. Drive 60 miles. Set up our chairs for an outdoor jazz concert with fireworks afterwards. Go get a bite to eat. The weather is perfect for jazz guitar under the stars. Total summer fun. Just my thing. Abe is so excited. I WAS so excited. Randy was in it as he always is. He could take it or leave it and be just the same, either way.
Now that the day is here I am feeling very blah. The thought of heading out overwhelms me. I think I should drive home and stay put. At least in my little corner of the world. Maybe go for coffee and sit on my porch. Why do I do this to myself?
I start thinking of stuff like:
1. gas money
2. eating out money
3. Randy is in the middle of yet another moonlighting job (so we can have gas money and food money) and I am hitting my head against a cement wall.
The other thing is that there is a block party tonight. All the kids will have all their fireworks out and Abe would be in his element. I can tell you for certain that if I told him that "big party down the street that we have never been invited to until this year - the one that you sit on the corner every single year and watch and cry because you just want to join in the fun" is tonight he would say "Jazz concert? BORING!"
Decisions. Decisions.
2 comments:
There will always be another Jazz Concert.
I'm with Jamie-out of town concerts are way over rated :)
Post a Comment