Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I know him too well

We drove the 30 or so miles to my appointment this morning and as we are walking into the Doctor's office I notice Randy carrying in his $25 Starbucks coffee cup (a very nice stainless steel one that I got him for Valentines Day). I made the comment that he better keep track of that thing and not leave it there. He assured me he would not leave it there. Good grief! He is not one of our kids and I shouldn't treat him like one.

After I check in and we sit down I notice his coffee cup sitting on the table next to the magazines. He is engrossed in a People magazine. I made the comment that he better not get up and leave that coffee cup sitting there. By this time he is more than agitated with my friendly reminders. I should treat him like the adult that he is.

We drive 30 minutes home. We walk in the back door and he turns right around and heads back outside.

"Where ya going?" I ask.

"To see if my coffee cup is in the Blazer AND YOU HAD BETTER NOT SAY A WORD!"

One guess where the coffee cup is?

2 comments:

Casey said...

Don't you love it when you are right? Maybe not about a very expensive Starbucks cup--but being right feels good, just the same!

Abby Jones said...

Poor dad.