Tuesday, July 15, 2008

control freak

I heard something yesterday that I have been pondering.

When we think that we are "in control" that is really another form of being selfish and prideful. What that implies is that it is all about me. I found that very interesting and timely.

What I have decided to is to just throw up my hands and declare that I am not in control. Here are a few things I am dealing with, totally out of my control:

I have to have another colonoscopy. That will mean 2 within 6 weeks of each other. Another cleansing. YUK! All I know for sure is whatever is going is not terminal (I am claiming this to be true) and so whatever else it is I can deal with it.

We are working on our Chicago trip and the dates are just not jiving for everybody. We should be able to make this work, right? I should be able to pick the dates that work for me, right? You would think so but you would think wrong.

Gas prices. Stock market. Groceries. Oh My! Need I say more?

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

I'm trying to join you on this venture! It's not easy to throw up your hands and admit you are not in control. :)