Friday, July 11, 2008

nothing much - trust me.

Last night I decided not to watch the clock. Just to go with how I was feeling and not worry about "bedtime" or "oh-my-gosh!-It's-already-2 a.m.-and-I-am-still-roaming-around-the-house-and-I-need-to-get-up-in-5-hours-and-I-require-a-good-10-hours-of-sleep-to-even-feel decent."
So Annie and I made a grocery run at 11:00 last night. On the way home - way after midnight - we drove by Casey's house (This made me feel like I was in high school). She kept blogging about being up till all hours and I wanted to see for myself. Sure enough - ALL of her lights were on. We almost stopped but then we decided we had better get home. We had a load of grocery's that needed put away and it WAS already 12:30.
I had so much fun with baby sister and it makes me sad to think next month I will have to drive 2 hours to hang out with her at Wal-Mart in the middle of the night. Yes - I may drive that far just for a hug. Co-dependent? I think so. That would be me-not her.

Yesterday, my brother came by where I work. He came to fix a computer that was- well if I knew what was wrong with it I wouldn't have called him in the first place!
My office is clear in the back but I heard him come in the front door. After a while I paged our receptionist and asked her if Tal was still here. Nope, she said. He already left. What? No time to tell his big sister HELLO. Apparently, he is way too busy. Whatever!

Tonight is Shop The Night Away. Really all this is is a sidewalk sale in the dark. But there are tons of people uptown and we just all hang out. I'm looking forward to it. What a life I have - right?

Finally, there are some drivers-ed issues in this little town.

  1. Nobody seems to know how to use the roundabout. This is highly annoying since I have to use it at least twice a day and at least twice a day people come to a complete stop and wait until there are no vehicles going around. And they are always the drivers in front of me.
  2. Our McDonald's has a double drive thru lane. Nobody can ever figure this out, either.
  3. Our main intersection in town is under major road construction. UNTIL THANKSGIVING! What this means is that the same people who can't manage a round-about or McDonald's are trying to make it through an intersection, which is now one lane - no left turns - and a four way stop. I am just waiting for somebody to plow me over. Either in my Blazer or more than likely - when I am walking. Probably tonight - during Shop The Night Away. These crazy drivers will be trying to get through with hundreds of shopping women. Just wait and see. I guarantee I will be going down. Right there on Main and Kansas.

3 comments:

Abby Jones said...

Now I am very sad. I have NEVER missed Shop the Night Away. It is one of my favorites, and the pancakes...

Casey said...

I'm wondering if I have ever GONE to Shop the Night Away. And as for bad driving--add this to your list:

Mom in car with child younger than J in the FRONT seat, flipping off someone who accidentally drove in front of her. Bad driving, and bad parenting!

Next time, stop by!

Anonymous said...

Hey sissers... how many times do you drive by my house... and of those times, how many times do you stop and tell me "Hi"?
TB