Thursday, July 24, 2008

Home Alone

The kiddo's are gone for a couple of days. Randy is on shut down, which means long hours. He is working late tonight so I'll be home alone this evening. Do I cook or do I have a rice cake and peanutbutter for the third night in a row?

When everybody is gone, the house seems really big. And really quiet. What should I do?

I could catch up on the two books I have been dying to read except that means that I have to take out my contacts and put on my bifocals.
I could take a nap except I probably wouldn't sleep tonight.
I could bake something gluten free except I feel like I've gained weight the way it is.
I could watch HGTV except that will result in me having a "vision" and that will result in me wanting to redo my entire house. That wouldn't be so good.
I could walk except it is only cool enough after 9 p.m. and even then it's too hot.
I should clean my house. I like to do that on Thursday so it is clean for the weekend.
I could just turn my ceiling fan and sit on the front porch except that is no fun all by myself.
I could get groceries, which we desperately need except I hate going grocery shopping.
I could rent a movie. I just used Red Box for the first time last weekend. Is it fun to watch a movie all by yourself?
I could play Guitar Hero except I'm not sure if I know how to get it started.

I miss my family!!

1 comment:

kranberry216 said...

I say go for the movie. It is actually nice to watch a movie from start to finish, hearing the dialogue and knowing how it ends. Grab a glass of wine (is it gluten free?) and your rice cake and peanut butter and enjoy!! My husband is on shut down too - I rented a movie for me for after my kids go to bed!