- Mom - Each of my children call me this
- Mommy- Abe still calls me this occasionally
- Sparky - Randy calls me this
- Stephanie - This is what my boss calls me when he is having a bad day.
- Steph - All of my close friends and family call me this
- Stephie - Anyone from my childhood calls me this (all Aunts, Uncles, Grandparents, etc.)
- Aunt Stephie- All of my nieces and nephews call me this (even on Randy's side)
We have been wondering what Miss Stella will call each of us.
Abe does not want to be Uncle Abraham. Just Abe, please.
Aunt Annie. Perfect. I adore this. I think it is very endearing.
Randy hopes to be Papaw. That is what he called his Grandpa. Randy says the best part of this family "development" has been that he is an instant Grandpa. He wanted us to have a dozen or more kids. I guess we should have discussed how many children we wanted before marriage. In my opinion, 2 + 1 has been perfect. (I know that we actually have 3 kids but it really is like 2 and 1, weird, I know) Now that Stella has been added to the family he is 1 closer to his dozen and I am now at 2 and 2.
The day of the wedding Great Aunt Sarah was determined to figure out what I was going to be named. She had several suggestions for Stella to choose from. Grandma, Nana, Mimi (this cracks me up). All of this got me to thinking about embroidered sweatshirts and coffee mugs that are sure to be in my future. "I Love Mimi " or maybe "Mimi's Angel". I may also want a front door mat or a barnwood sign hanging outside my front door. "Welcome to Mimi and Papaw's House" or "Papaw and Mimi live here". I may request a gold scroll necklace that says "MIMI" It is really kind of growing on me.
I was holding Stella's hand and we were heading to walk down the isle at the wedding. It was really a Hallmark moment. It was literally seconds before I was going to be seated. She looked up at me with those huge brown eyes and she said "I decided what I'm going to call you." I could barely hear her above all the locust so I stopped and bent down to get closer to her so I could hear exactly what she was going to say. It was just like Christmas Morning. I could hardly wait. What would it be? Mimi? Nana? Nannie? Just Grandma? Whatever she decided it would set the precedent for all future little babies (not for many years, though) we would be welcoming into our family. I wanted it to be a great name. Something I could find on an embroidered sweatshirt.
Out of her precious little mouth came two words:
"AUNT STEPHIE"
1 comment:
Well, won't that be confusing as the years go by!!!
Post a Comment