Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Another School Year

Yesterday we started our first full week of the new school year. I was dreading it and guess what? It was a good day. Abe and I walked to school in the morning and he walked home in the afternoon. Annie surprised me by visiting me at work over her lunch hour. I enjoyed hearing about her morning and all of her classes. After school the four of us celebrated the first day of her senior year by going out for coffee (granita's & iced tea) at our favorite coffee shop.
After all the craziness of the summer it feels good to settle down into a routine. I did not even realize how much our family needed routine. The year will fly by, as it always does. There will be a crisis or two. We will get tired. We will get cranky. But for today, we are all on the same page as we start this next chapter in our life.

1 comment:

Joanna B. said...

you are handling all this life change with grace! I wonder if in heaven, we can enjoy our kids at all their different ages...even three!