Sunday, August 12, 2007

Bed & Breakfast (and Lunch)




We had a very special overnight guest this weekend. A very sweet and adorable 5 year old. What makes her extra precious is that she is soon to be my "little girls" little girl.

If Daddy doesn't treat Brother Bear to the donut shop or Neighbor's Cafe on Saturday morning we make Pillsbury Orange Rolls. Not sure why or when this tradition ever started but today was an Orange Roll breakfast.

Abe and I were enjoying our rolls this morning when our special guest (and late sleeper) came down into the kitchen.

BREAKFAST CONVERSATION
Me: Good Morning! Would you like a roll for breakfast?
Stella (turning her nose up at our breakfast) My daddy makes me pop-tarts or pancakes.
Abe and I look at each other, worried, because we both know we have neither.
Me: We are out of pop-tarts and pancakes. How about some Honey Nut Cheerios?
Stella: No.
Abe: How about a bagel, Stella?
Me: We are out of bagels, also.
Abe: We have Oatmeal. Do you want Oatmeal, Stella?
Stella: No.
Abe: Peanut butter toast?
Stella: No. Pop Tart or Pancake, please.
Abe: Jelly toast?
Stella: No.
Abe: Toaster Strudel?
Me: Great idea, Abe!
Pretty much a fancy pop-tart. I dig through he freezer. Shoot. Out of Toaster Strudel but I found something else!
Me: Stella! We have rectangle pancakes (aka - French Toast Sticks) How does that sound?
Stella: Good.

We all enjoy breakfast together.
After the breakfast experience I decide to let our special visitor pick the lunch menu. Chicken Nuggets.
As I am cleaning up lunch.....

LUNCH CONVERSATION
Me: Abe! Guess what? We have one orange roll left. Would you like it for dessert?
Stella: I want it!
Abe: Stella, you don't like them. Remember breakfast?
Me: I will be more than happy to cut it in half for you both to share, but Stella, Abe is right. You told us you don't like orange rolls.
Stella: I was only joking. I do like them.
Abe (jaw dropped to the floor and his hands waving wildly in the air) STELLA! We worked so hard to find you something for breakfast. It would have been way easier if you would have just told us you liked Orange Rolls!

Needless to say, Abe and Stella both enjoyed their dessert!

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

The pictures are adorable! How did you get them to do that?