Tuesday, August 7, 2007

TIME

Time. I have a love/hate relationship with time. I seem to find myself in a hurry or patiently waiting. I first became aware of this about 21 years ago. It all became painfully clear while we were anticipating the birth of our first child. I thought a due date was just that. The day our baby would be born. October 24th. It came and went. We soon turned our calendars to November. Patiently we waited. Well, Daddy was patient, I was not (this seems to be a common theme throughout our marriage). I was ready to meet our baby. Kiss her sweet little face, count her fingers and toes.
12:10 p.m. November 10, 1986, (15 days late) Miss Abby finally decided to grace us with her presence and she has been in her own time zone ever since.
Our little girl is now all grown up. She is getting married. She told us just a few short weeks ago. The wedding will be taking place before going back to school. Before summer's end.
It is now my prayer that time will show me some mercy. I want to enjoy every moment of the next 10 days with my oldest daughter before I say good-bye to a very sweet chapter of my life and watch a new chapter open in hers.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I'm not sure if I'm crying right now because this was such a beautiful post or because I am up and trying to function at 7a.m.! =) Glad to see you made it off the bridge!

Joanna B. said...

You must have been amazing at math, music and P.E.!!!!!

Rhonda said...

I love it! You don't give yourself near enough credit!