Thursday, August 23, 2007

Where is that key????

My Chicago bound family had originally anticipated leaving town Tuesday around 1:00 in the afternoon. There weren't enough hours in the day so moving day was pushed back to Wednesday - same time. Well, it proved to be a typical moving day. Many trips to the dump. Clean old house. Look for more empty moving boxes. 1:00 came and went. Great for me because I got to go by and get more hugs and kisses (and carry a few more boxes to the car.)

If you remember from earlier posts, my darling first born child (the newlywed-the same one moving back to Chicago) has no concept of time and misplaces things. Not a good combo when moving 12 hours from home.

I got the call a little after 4:00. They seemed to have LOST the key to the big yellow moving truck. Not sure when. Not sure where. If they knew it wouldn't be lost! Duh!

The big yellow truck is loaded. The little car is loaded. Lots of boxes all taped up really well with packing tape are stacked in the truck. The house is empty. There have been many trips to the dump and the key to the the big yellow moving truck is missing.

Do you remember my earlier post about little sister and her keys? Well, this is big sister we are talking about now. Bless her Heart! Of course, it could be her new husband who has misplaced the key. He was in charge of it. Could it be possible my daughter would marry a man just like her? Does he "misplace" things, too? It appears so. I have already told Miss Stella she may have to be in charge of keys and cell phones and social security cards and birth certificates. Anything of any importance should be in her possession.

After searching and not finding the yellow keychain, they did the smart thing and called the moving company. I am very proud of them. They made a great decision there. They could still be looking for that key! They both start class on Monday. They did need to get a move on it. The truck rental company made a spare key and delivered it to the newlyweds at their door step.

I think they got the heck out of Dodge around 8:00 pm.


1 comment:

Joanna B. said...

oh Steph-you are such a trooper!! Tell the newlyweds to please call me if they get to Chicago and find they have misplaced anything--including Stella :) I will get over there in a heartbeat to help them (Okay, I can be there in an hour.)