NEIGHBORS
Last night Randy took Abe for an evening swim down the street. We call the family across the street and a block South of us our neighbors. We have known them for as long as we have lived on Maple Street. While the boys were swimming I walked across the street to say "hi" to the newest neighbors. She is going to teach 5th grade at our school. She showed me her class list to see if I knew anybody. We talked about everything under the sun. An hour and a half later I finally had to make myself go home. It was after 10:00 pm! I am glad they moved to Maple Street from Mississippi! Yesterday, Abe and I walked to school to check Abe's class list (again) and we stopped by the "neighbors" on Walnut Street, which happens to be my baby brother! We sat on his porch steps and Abe played on the swing which hangs from a big tree in the front yard. I heard all about their most recent camping trip. Walking home from Uncle's house we stopped and visited with our neighbor who lives right next door who happens to be house sitting for our neighbor directly behind the alley from us. She was so kind to give Abe and I a house tour. Earlier in the day we had lunch with our neighbors from across the street (they live in the house right next door to our old house). We see these neighbors often. Each of my kids adore them (so do we!) After lunch, I supported MHS football by buying a football card from the 2 doors to the North neighbor's son. Caleb and Annie have been classmates since Kindergarden. We also will be celebrating with these neighbors, Saturday, when their oldest son gets married.
I love our neighborhood. It is right where we belong. I think we will stay.
No comments:
Post a Comment