Saturday, September 29, 2007

Long Day = Long Post

This morning, while having coffee, my friend and I were discussing the homecoming dance. She didn't know if her son was going to the dance because his girlfriend was in Kansas City at the races.

My mother was with us and she said:

"When is she getting her braces?"

My response: RACES NOT BRACES!!
******************************
This was on my answering machine when I came home from coffee.

"Your dog is at our house in the 700 block of South Chestnut and we think she is ready to come home."

My Response:

If she is so ready to come home why didn't she just stay here in the first place. I called Randy and he went and picked her up, brought her home and promptly fixed a hole in our fence.
******************************
This afternoon while visiting my father-in-law in the nursing home I asked him what he had for lunch. He told me he didn't eat lunch because he wasn't hungry because he had such a big breakfast. I asked him what he had for breakfast.

This is what he said:

"French toast with peanut butter....wait right there! Who on earth puts peanut butter on french toast???

My response:

Randy and Abe do, too!
******************************
At Stone Creek Nursery I saw an acquaintance. She mentioned that she always thought of me as an artistic person and asked me if I could help her figure something out.

My response:

I think you have me mixed up with my daughter, Annie, who is in AP Art and quiet possibly will be an art major in college. Said acquaintance really does not know me at all!
******************************
I had an e-mail from Abby today. Her and Stella made cut out sugar cookies last night. They had cookie dough and frosting EVERYWHERE! This is true. I saw the pictures.

This is what she said:

"After Stella and I were finished making cookies, Jeff was so nice to clean up the mess he did not make."

My response:

"Now I know why she was in such a hurry to marry the man! I've really never known Abby to clean up her own mess!"
******************************
Abby also told us that Stella decorated a purple and pink pumpkin sugar cookie.



Abe asked me this:

"Are they going to eat that thing or is it just a decoration?"

My response:

"I think they are framing it. Abby told me that they don't have much wall decor or maybe they will make it into a magnet and hang it on the fridge. Whatever they do with it I'm sure we will see it in person when we go for Thanksgiving."

Good Grief! Whoever heard of using a sugar cookie as a decoration?

Abe's response to me:

"I think I am going to frost one of our pumpkin sugar cookies with pink and purple frosting and call it STELLA!"

My Response: HUH????

******************************

This evening we went to an "all you can eat" German buffet.

This is what Abe said:

"Mom, these green beans are so much better than the ones you make. No offense.."

My response:

No offense taken. I just open a can. I guess I will search for a new brand.

******************************

We had 20 highschool kids here for dinner before the homecoming dance. TWENTY! I don't even have my OWN friends or family over! What is up with that?





No! I did not cook. Pizza Hut delivery rocks! (Go Tab!)

This is what I heard one of the boys tell his date as they were leaving for the dance:

"Hey! Let's see if we can get kicked out of the dance tonight!

I am sure he was kidding? Don't you think?

My Response:

"If Annie would happen to get kicked out of the dance - it would be a very long time until any of you would ever see her again. If ever!"

I was kidding. Don't you think?
******************************
At 8:30 I am standing on my porch watching 20 teen-age drivers load up into their cars to go the dance.

My Response:

I felt as if I was giving an Academy Award speech on my front steps as I said. "No drinking. Make good choices. Buckle up! If you go to Hutch to I-Hop I don't want you passing on the highway. No left turns." (I always joke and say this)

Their Response (in 20 unison voices): YOU SOUND JUST LIKE MY MOM!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's no way you would have let me have that many people in our house!! Man how things change:)

Rhonda said...

What a great weekend! I saw you and your mom and sisters walking yesterday. Did you see me speed by in my filthy mom vanmobile?