Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Class of 2008

Annie - first one on the front row.

It is hard to believe. Baby Sister is a senior in high school.

I know she is not technically the baby of our family, however, she was the baby for 10 years so that makes her Baby Sister.

During the first few years of her life (and then some!) I had no idea we would ever make it to the first grade much less high school! I used to tease her that she is the reason I went back to work part-time. Mamma Bear needed a break.

She was always in "Wanda's Office" at Kids Kampus. Always in some sort of trouble. She was a biter. She went potty right on the floor (AFTER she was potty trained) She colored on the walls (the letter "A" all around her room - Red crayon- 2 feet high) She threw award winning fits. If we looked at her wrong or said the word "NO" she had a major melt down.

After she started elementary school they knew her on a first name basis in the office. Not for being naughty (amazing, I know) but because she was always "sick" or had a "tummy ache." That nurses station was her second home. The school finally stopped calling me to come and get her. They just dealt with it.

My little white-spiky haired crabby patty has grown up to be a beautiful lady with a beautiful heart.

This year she is volunteering in a 1st grade class room. The teacher she helps was her 2nd grade teacher. Annie has a teachers spirit. I always think you can spot a teacher a mile away. That is our daughter. She is full of compassion and love for each of them. They love her, too. She really connects with the students who seem to get in trouble. (surprise!)

She is also a gifted writer and artist.

Lots of dreams. Lots of possibilities.

I am thankful for her. For what she means to me. What she means to her family. What she means to her friends. I can't wait to see what God has planned for her....

....I'm on the edge of my seat!

No comments: