This morning, as he is crawling next to me and giving me kisses from his dad and then kisses from him, too, he informs me that he has a tummy ache. But not to worry because after his PBJ toast and glass of milk his dad gave him a Tums. Great.
I feel like my ESP has kicked in. I KNOW that he is going to throw up. Just not so sure when.
I ask him if he needs the throw up bucket (which are stored under every single bed of our house.)
He says he thinks he will be fine. He did take a Tums, afterall.
An hour later I wake up. Wondering how on earth I could have slept through my alarm for the second day in a row. This is when I realize that my side of the alarm has been shut off.
I wake Abe up telling him we need to hustle. A typical morning of us running behind.
He looks at me and says his tummy hurts really bad now and he is going to the bathroom. He runs to the bathroom.
The good news is that he made it to the bathroom in time!
The bad news is that he is definitely sick. With fever and throwing up.
So Randy and I are now working split shift. He worked until 10:30 and picked up Sprite and Saltines on the way home. I put chicken in the oven for chicken noodle soup and headed to work.
Oh! The joy of being a mother who also works outside the home.
2 comments:
All better today?
All better. Back to his wild and crazy 7 year old ways. Thanks for thinking of him!
Post a Comment