Thursday, September 13, 2007

Moundridge Math

We are a card playing family. We used to have "Pitch Tournaments" all the time. It was always Abby and I against Randy and Annie. I hated when it was my turn to keep score. I would have to use my fingers and toes to count the points. How embarrassing for a grown woman! Sometimes I wouldn't add correctly and the score would be all messed up. It would appear that Abby and I were loosing when we were actually winning (Abby and I were always the winners.) Randy and the girls started calling this "Moundridge Math." They would always give me a hard time and say stuff like "Mom's doing her Moundridge Math again." Or "It's that Moundridge Math."

Now, I am sure there are some very smart mathematicians that have come out of USD 423 but, unfortunately, I am not one of them.

Much to my surprise both of the the girls have been great at math. Better than great. They are smart!

When Abe came home from school yesterday he had big news for us. He could hardly contain his excitement. This news was HUGE. My second grader was in third grade math! Yippee!! All three of my kids will grow up and know how to add and subtract!

Three cheers for McPherson Math!!

Three cheers for Randy's math gene!!

No comments: