Happy Birthday Pam!!My Saturday morning coffee friend is celebrating her birthday today.
Now down to business....
I have been blah and God has used two people, in particular, get me through my blah days.
The first person is the birthday girl.
Last week, I blogged about wanting to be a Princess. If you don't remember reading it that is because after reading and re-reading it, I thought I sounded very bratty (surprise surprise) and I deleted it.
In case you didn't get a chance to read it in the six hours that it was up, here is a summary:
- I am sick of working.
- I want to be a stay at home mom and not give up anything in return.
- I don't want to sacrifice any of the finer things in life we currently enjoy. ie: eating out, cell phones, new clothes, hair color, groceries, blah blah blah.
- I want to live like all of the other Princesses who get to stay at home.
- If you are currently all snug in your house and wearing slippers, you are a Princess
- If you are a Princess - I am jealous of you!
- I wannabe a Princess, too!
This week Pam was blah just like me. She told me that if she could only stay home she would be so much better. HELLO! A fellow Princess wannabe (now I know why our friendship has lasted for all these years.) All problems would vanish if we could be permanently unemployed and not loose our income. Actually, we were both stay at home moms, once. The thing is we would appreciate it so much more today. We would both be stay-at-home moms with NO kids! How wild would that be?
Back to reality....
It was my turn to be her encourager. I pointed out all the positive things about her job. Was a friend as a friend should be. By the end of the morning I was feeling much better myself! By this coming Saturday, hopefully, she will be all whipped back into shape herself or I will keep her birthday gift.
God also used my friend, Rhonda, to help me see things more clearly.
I am a money girl. It is what I do from 8:30 - 2:30 and I love it! Paradox. I love my job but just want to stay home! Go figure. Princess - I want it all!
I like nice things (read list above.) Sometimes, people make me feel bad about it. It is usually people that can AFFORD to do things that think I have issues.
Rhonda's top 10 this week was me! She is somebody whose parenting skills and life choices I admire. She is very successful and she has a "wish list", too!
God has shown me once again. Using the people who are close to me. Friends who I think have it all. I have been allowed to see that they also struggle and they struggle with the same things I do.
If you are in my life - God is surely using you in my life!
I may not be so crazy after all.
OK. Scratch that last sentence.
But if you don't want to be part of Stephanie's Life Lessons - run now!
3 comments:
Glad I could be there when you needed me -- so we could share in the wishing!
I was reading this post just waiting to harrass you about the fact that I might be home in my slippers, but I am a far cry from a princess. Then I got to the part about having no job, but NOT losing the income! That is princess status. That and being a stay-at-home mome with NO KIDS! That must be super-princess status. I always wanted to be a superhero!
Well I want to hear no complaining from you! Just think of your favorite child instead...
working until after 11pm every night, having to take the BUS, THE BUS!! to work which makes a 12min car ride 45min. YES 45 MIN to get 4 miles!!
taking classes full time... which means after getting home at 11 having to do homework ... including philosophy homework and I HATE PLATO!
Your house is completely furnished and you have WALL HANGINGS! What I would give for wall hangings.
So I think you are a princess.
I love you:)
You are my princess darling and will always be. And as the daughter of the Kings that makes you His princess too!!
Post a Comment