
Ok. Ok. So here is my Friday 10. Very late. I turned in an extra-credit (11 items) to make up for my tardiness.
We have worked non-stop on our little dream home for almost three years now. Our "to do" list has dwindled tremendously but because I am still part of the equation - there is still much left to do.
Top 10 "homework" projects on my (our??) TO DO LIST:
- Garage - needs a complete overhaul. And I have this brilliant idea to build a trellis over the garage door (driveway side.) It will make my garage look like it belongs in Nantucket. If I can't go to the coast I will bring the coast to me. To Maple Street.
- Power wash front porch - A summers worth of dirt and cob webs call our porch home. You may think I have decorated for Halloween. For a haunted house. I did not.
- Paint the entire back side of the house - Randy says the best way to paint a house is a side a year. His brilliant idea, not mine. What if I want to switch the siding color? Then what?
- Clean the attic - I have tried to do this several times since Abby moved. It always ends with me in tears. It then takes several days for me to kick it. I'm not going there - literally.
- Clean Windows - Seriously, some of these windows have not seen vinegar since 1968. And I just read in a magazine it's one of the easiest and cheapest ways to brighten your home! Mom? HELP!
- Paint an old coffee table black - I wanted to feel successful and so I cheated and put this already finished project on my list! Randy did this over the weekend. I just moved it back in today. Love it, too!
- Finish changing Abe's outlets - all brand new white outlets and covers have been in his desk drawer since last October. One of these days.....
- Clean out our garden - Seriously, Abe brought in a cucumber the size of watermelon and wanted it for supper. Too bad the fair is over. I think we have a 60 pounder!
- Paint the trim in our office - We went through gallons and gallons of bright white oil base paint when we moved in. All baseboards, trim, crown moldings & doors (minus said office) have been primed and two finish coats. I'm sure in 1972 the trim where I am currently sitting was "white". In September of 2007 it is the color of the dead millers I find all over my house.
- New bathtub & tile - Our tub is plastic with a built in shower stall (GROSS!) I want a whirlpool tub and stone tile behind it. I'm dreaming.... however, I think if I say it out loud it will come to be. Right? I saw that on Oprah.
- A bathroom in the attic (this is my extra credit) - I would love to have a bathroom upstairs for when the Jone's come home to visit. (I hope they will come to visit.) I don't know how I feel about brushing my teeth while my new son-in-law is behind the shower curtain taking a shower! This one might need to go on the "urgent" list of things to do!
1 comment:
Your extra credit doesn't count when one item on your list is already done! The teacher has spoken.
Post a Comment