Wednesday, September 19, 2007

An attempt to save $25.....

Me: What do you think you want to dress up for Halloween?

Abe: I don't know.

Me: I have an idea.

Abe: What?

Me: Well, it is my all time favorite Halloween costume. Annie was this when she was your age.

I am attempting to build up much excitement with these clues.....


Abe: What?

Me: A Scarecrow!

Abe: Where do you get it at?

Me: Oh! We don't buy it at the store. We make it at home.

Abe: I want to look for one at Wal-Mart.

Me: When the girls were little we ALWAYS made their costumes. We would have never bought one from the store. Homemade ones are so much better.

It really wasn't even an option back then. Our choices were Cinderella costumes or groceries. Food always won out over Halloween costumes.

Abe: Really? They never bought one from the store?

He really cannot comprehend this. This one is spoiled.
Spoiled rotten.


Me: Daddy makes the best scarecrows! Annie will paint your face. You will be cutest trick-or-treater in McPherson.

Abe: I think I will wait and see what they have at Wal-Mart.

No comments: