Friday, September 28, 2007

10. Lessons


It appears to be a kid blogging Friday. So here is mine!

10 lessons from my children.
  1. Love at first sight. November 10, 1986 (6 lbs 2 oz). February 19, 1990 (8 lbs 4 oz). May 16, 2000 (7 lbs 6 oz).
  2. You can be sicker than a dog at 7 a.m. and appear to be perfectly fine and back to climbing door jams by early afternoon - the same day!
  3. My child may move very far away (Chicago!) and I will survive. I didn't say it was easy, though, but I'm doing it.
  4. Toothless grins let you get away with murder.
  5. It is true what they say - they do grow up way too fast! There were some days where I thought I was loosing my mind and then POOF! All of a sudden - Class of 2008!
  6. They are not a mini me. They will make choices that I would not have made and that is OK. In fact - some of their choices are better than mine would have been.
  7. No matter how old they are (or think they are) they will always be my "babies."
  8. Kid's don't put God in a box. I have enjoyed watching my girls claim their own faith and walk their own walk. I especially needed this lesson in my ever-so-legalistic life.
  9. Don't ever, no matter what, run out of JIF creamy. In fact, always keep an extra jar in the cupboard.
  10. A mothers love and concern (worry? not me!) for her children never ends. Even when they are all grown up and married and are a mommy, too.

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

I'm thinking this list could have gone on and on! My oldest is only four and I've learned way too many lessons. :)

Anonymous said...

GROSS!! YOU PUT THE WORST PICTURES ON HERE!!!I DONT LOOK LIKE THAT REALLY!

Anonymous said...

YOU DO PUT THE WORST PICTURES ON HERE! I AGREE!!! I HAVE A MILLION BETTER ONES IF YOU'D THEM.