Thursday, September 27, 2007

Just goin' for a walk!

Yesterday, the nursing home put a "Wonder Guard" on Papaw Bon.

I thought it was some contraption to help him with his "accidents."

I was wrong.

Apparently, Papaw decided to go for a walk.

OUTSIDE!

He had been MIA and they found him trying to get out the front door.

Randy doesn't think he could punch in the key code.

I think he doesn't give his dad enough credit.

So now he has a Wander Guard bracelet on.

He can't go more than 5 feet from his room without it alerting the nurses that he is on the "run."

I am thinking that today we will find out that he has been in the time-out chair, too.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Sad to live your whole life and then be reduced to a shock collar. I'm thinking now that you have an extra bedroom, maybe pawpaw Bon needs to move in with you! =)

Rhonda said...

Good idea. Steph, since you enjoyed the nursing home so much, you could bring it right to your own home!