- We watched our first ever Pig Races. All the popular pigs were there: Oprah Swinefree, Arnold Snortsanager and Sarah Jessica Porker, to name just a few.
- Abe got tattooed from head to toe with every possible Kansas college mascot imaginable to man and then developed rashes underneath every single one of them.
- Great food- Pronto Pups, corn on the cob and the best funnel cake I have ever had!
- High school marching bands. I was in the marching band and loved it. I'm still a band geek.
- Seeing lots of McPherson friends trying to enjoy the fair in the yucky weather, too.
- Finding out Abe weights almost as much as a bushel of corn. (minus a few kernels)
- Abe got a blister on the TOP of his foot from his shoes.
- In Step (a rock-n-roll band) had just finished their second song, Mustang Sally, when they cancelled the show due to inclement weather. This is what I was looking forward to the most. Bummer.
- Rain & Cold!!
- We were very excited over our KWCH Channel 12 pens with 4 different colors of ink. We are truly a pathetic bunch!
"Strange, isn't it? Each man's life touches so many other lives." Clarence~It's A Wonderful Life
Friday, September 14, 2007
10. "2007" State Fair Memories
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We were going to watch the pig races too, until we realized you couldn't stand within 300 feet of the place without wearing earplugs. Either I'm gettin really old, or that guy seriously needed to tone it down.
It was extremely loud. I figured the old guy running the race liked the sound of his own voice.
Post a Comment