This morning, while Abe and I were eating breakfast, he asked me if this was the day Papaw Bon was going to move into his new room.
It always amazes me how this seven year old is so aware of what goes on around him. He lives in an adult world. It makes me sad but it is what it is. For far too long he has been drug back and forth between the hospital, The Cedars, Papaw's house and all over again. He has helped pack, opened doors, carried boxes and tried to entertain himself without getting into too much trouble.
It always amazes me how this seven year old is so aware of what goes on around him. He lives in an adult world. It makes me sad but it is what it is. For far too long he has been drug back and forth between the hospital, The Cedars, Papaw's house and all over again. He has helped pack, opened doors, carried boxes and tried to entertain himself without getting into too much trouble.
Last night, Annie spent the evening watching a movie with Abe. I can't even remember the last time that she was home for that amount of time. (I think it was an evening in October when she was in the 8th grade-I'm really not sure.) I am so thankful for those couple of hours, free from Abe, because it gave Randy and I some time to run to Wal-Mart and buy what we needed for the nursing home. We were able to go together to the hospital without a busy little boy tagging along, hearing every word that we say-words that are too grown up for his little ears.
At the hospital, we were pleasantly surprised to find Pastor Tim visiting Bon. Randy's sister was also there. We all laid hands on Bon while Pastor Tim prayed.
It was amazing.
It was the best 10 minutes I have spent in many weeks.
I am holding onto the faith that prayer will carry me through the transition of the next few days.
1 comment:
thinking of and praying for you during this time of transition. give Randy a hug from both of us :)
Post a Comment