Sunday, September 23, 2007

Sweet Tea and Strawberry Milk

We are a family of sweet tea drinkers.
This summer we discovered several McDonald's that serve sweet tea. Two, actually. Branson, MO and Emporia, KS.
Saturday, we buzzed through the Park City drive through for a drink. As is my habit, I asked if they sold sweet tea.

Imagine my surprise when she said "Yes."

I ordered two sweet tea's. We can hardly wait!

I pulled through to window #1 and paid for the drinks. I told the worker we were excited because we love McDonald's sweet tea and have a hard time finding it around here. I am sure she was thinking that I was more than a little odd because she mumbled something about them making their own sweet tea.

What does this mean?

Don't all McDonald's brew their own tea?

While we were waiting in the drive through lane my passenger and I joked about them dumping some sugar into our cups before handing them to us.

How stupid would that be? They wouldn't know how much sugar to put in?

Then we joked about getting unsweetened tea with a bunch of sugar packets.

That would be stupid. If you add sugar to cold tea the sugar just floats around. It does not dissolve. That is not sweet tea. YUK!

When we finally arrived at window #2 this is what they handed us:

Two unsweetened iced teas and about 10 sugar packets.

I had to change our order to Rootbeer and Diet Coke.
Guess what? No Rootbeer.

Doesn't McDonald's Make it my way? or is that Wendy's. Burger King?

We finally drive away with 1 unsweetened iced tea and 1 Diet Coke.

More on drinks....












Abe (while drinking chocolate milk): Where does chocolate milk come from?

Randy: From brown cows.

Abe: No, really. Where does chocolate milk from?

Randy: Really. It comes from brown cows.

Abe: Sweet! I'm gonna go find myself a pink cow. I love Strawberry milk!

No comments: