- Reading - My Bible and other stuff. I am a reader by nature and haven't taken the time.
- Pray - more often and more expectantly. And less selfishly.
- Early to bed & early to rise - I am a night owl and I'm not a spring chicken. So the lack of sleep is catching up with me. I'd also like to get up an hour earlier to get some quiet time in.
- Color Blind- I want to be OK with my fair skin in the spring and summer. Even though I look 10 pounds lighter with some color.
- Bible Study - It's been years since I went to a weekly study. I'd like to jump back in again. It has to be evening or late afternoon. I would love a 4:00 - 5:00 study. Or 8:30 in the evening. Not on Wednesday, however.
- Hospitable - I would like to entertain. That was the plan when I bought the Mennonite table. That was something like 6 or 7 years ago. That was also the plan when we moved into this house. That was 3 years ago. Can you make a non-social person more social? We'll try!
- Act my Age - I want to not cry like a baby when Annie graduates high school and goes to college. It will be easier than with Abby because I know she WILL be coming home. Often. Even if she goes a few hours from home. And we can visit her. I did not have children with the thought that they would move hours and miles away and I would never see them. I put too much time and effort forth for that! I enjoy each of my kids and enjoy spending time with them. I want them to come home! At least for a little while.
- To be on the same page as my adult kids-even when it's not my page - I want to be OK with the fact that I may only see Abby 5 days (if I'm lucky) a year. This has been a major adjustment. I still feel the vacancy.....
- Contentment - I wish to be satisfied with what I have and not crave what I don't have or may never have. I go in phases with this. Now has not been a good time for me. The Green Eyed Monster has been living within for longer than I would like to admit.
- Comparison Shopping - I am so tired of comparing myself to others. My hair (silly, I know) My height. My education. My stay-at-home status. Again, this has been harder as of late.
Life is good and I expect great things this year, as well. I have been blessed by the most wonderful family (immediate and extended) and also the best friends in the whole wide world. Thank you all for sharing the ups and downs of life with me.
Have a great 2008!
1 comment:
Great goals...! You are already a great person, so these goals will just be icing on the cake! =)
Post a Comment