Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Why?

Why is it that I would fight tooth and nail for my kids? That their safety and protection is my main focus. Now and always.

Why is it that I would put their hunger before mine? That I love spending time with them and hearing their voices? That I value their thoughts and feelings.

Why is it that my Grandma, and my mother, and my friends and my sister-in-law's are all the same kind of mothers? They are like me. I am like them. We each do things our own ways but the love and protection of our children is always first and foremost.

Why is it that there is a little guy, like my own - in the second grade, down the street, who has been "locked out" of his house several times in the past month? That he wonders the streets. In the cold without a coat. In the dark without adult protection? Why doesn't anybody look for him at supper time? Or when it gets dark and he is not home? Why do they wait and call hours after the last time they have seen him?

Why does he comes here? Why does this make me nervous? Why is it my job? Why my house?

Why do I feel so guilty about sending him home but not guilty enough to say "stay longer"?

I want his very own family to miss him. To treat him like he is 7.

Why doesn't his mother just step up to the plate and be a MOM?

Because every single little boy deserves a mommy to love and protect them and be so proud of them.

Why can't he have that?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Protecting our child is innate to all mothers. I have a son who's 6 y/o and I always want all the best for him.
I am sad that there are some mother who abandon or take for granted their kids. Maybe you can be a mother to that 7 y/o child even for just a little while. Maybe he sees the mother in you - that he misses.
God Bless!
You have a good blog, can we exchange links? Thank you.

Anonymous said...

I do have another blog, hope you link it too. this is the url please click my name.

Jamie said...

This my friend, is your perfect opportunity to put into action our PRAYER emphasis!