Does God change his mind? Is there power in prayer?
These are some questions I have been mulling over the past few months.
At first, my answer is no. God does not change his mind. How could He. Why would He. He is all knowing. He knows what is best. For me. For my family. For each of us. Why would I need God to change HIS mind on anything. Haven't I learned to trust Him. To trust His ways? Am I not to always trust His Plan?
Is there power in prayer? YES. Absolutely. That has been proven time and time again. So unless those "answered prayers" happen to align with God's will does that mean that they weren't really answered at all. Or are there times when God does change His mind?
I had a phone call at 3:22 this morning. This is not at all unusual anymore. The voice on the other end, however, was not who I was expecting.
As I snuggled next to Sam, I prayed.
I prayed for safe travel. I prayed for Chad. I prayed for Sarah. I prayed for baby A. I prayed for baby B. I prayed for the nurses. I prayed for the Doctor. I prayed for the big brothers sound asleep, oblivious to all going on in their safe little world. I prayed that I would just fall asleep.
And then I questioned my prayers.
And then I wondered about the motivation behind my prayers.
And then I wondered about God's plan.
I was relieved when I finally got the call that both of the babies had heartbeats and they even appeared to be waving to their mommy and daddy.
I will keep praying for the newest little cousins.
Expecting them to continue growing to be strong and healthy.
Expecting God to hear our prayers and see things our way.
And if He has other plans - I will hold onto the hope that God would surely change His mind.
2 comments:
I like to think of God as having middle-knowledge. He knows the end result, every option that could possibly happen to get to the end result, but does not know how we actually get there, therefore; there is the power to change how one gets there, rather than there being no reason for prayer or anything. This also eliminates the predestination debate. (Just a little theological input to your pondering.)
I LIKE THIS THOUGHT...VERY THEOLOGICAL ABS
Post a Comment