I do all accounting for two companies. In two different states.
That means all accounts receivable. accounts payable. payroll. payroll taxes. (two states-remember?) payroll tax reports (two states but we also have an employee here who lives and works out of another state). commission reports.W-2's. sales tax. scheduling freight. IFTA reports. IRP filings. past due collections. balancing 3 checking accounts. 4 money market accounts. What have I forgotten? Something, I'm sure.
The only thing I don't do is make the coffee. I don't have a problem drinking it, though!
My current crisis is if we are an exempt for hire carrier or private carrier. I thought I knew the difference but apparently I do not. Nor does anyone else I work with.
And every year January seems to follow December. Which is completely chaotic for me.
Which may be the reason when people walk by my office they think I'm not here. The stack of papers in my basket is so high I can't even see over the top of it and they can't see me behind it.
Good thing we got some new big Feist phone books. I'm going to stack them on my chair (reminds of going to Grandma's house and sitting on Sears catalogs - before booster seats) so people can see me once again.
No comments:
Post a Comment