Monday, December 31, 2007

Oh No You Didn't!

I have always told my kids that I hand picked the best daddy in the world just for them. And truth be told - he is a way better dad than I am mother. He is patient and laid back. And me? Let's just say it nicely. I am not.

Last night, Abe was all cuddly with Randy and I crawled right beside him and said, "You know, Abe, I picked the best daddy just for you."

And he said, "Oh no you didn't. A friend set you up on a blind date and you met on Main Street. Then you broke up. Then you got back together again and then you got married."

Randy and I looked at each other with our mouths hanging wide open.

And I said, "I still decided to marry him so you could have the best daddy in the world."

And he said, "If you would have went to a Daddy Pet Shop and picked out "Randy" THEN you could say that you picked out daddy."

So I guess that all these years I haven't been quiet honest with my children.

I should have said this:

"Kids, I have something to tell you. I think you are all old enough to hear the truth. Please don't hate me for protecting you all these years. I did it for your own good. I did not hand pick your daddy out from the Daddy Pet Shop. Instead, I picked up a stray, who is now your daddy, wandering up and down Main Street."

No comments: