Friday, January 18, 2008

My Very Own Bucket List

I really am a list maker. A goal setter. And middle aged. Here are 10 things I would like to do in my life before it's too late.
  1. Live in a barn - Not just any ole horse barn. But a barn that we have redone into the most amazing space. Open. Airy. Lofty. With a view of sunsets.
  2. Get hair extensions - I have always wanted long hair but my hair has not wanted to be long. I think I would LOVE these!
  3. Have a really fun job - Something that doesn't involve numbers or adding machine tape. Something that I am passionate about. Something that makes me smile.
  4. Have a 6 pack - What can I say? Three kids later and I have a lot of extra skin. TMI.
  5. Get Lasik eye surgery - I've worn glasses or contact lenses since I was 12. I'm ready to wake up in the morning and see my world.
  6. Take a trip with my husband - Just the two of us. In 24 years of marriage, we haven't taken a trip without our kids for longer than 1 night. I want us to take a really awesome trip. At least 2 nights away!
  7. Take a trip with my girls - Just the three of us. Just to hang out and see movies. Eat great food. Massages. Nails. Maybe some shopping.
  8. Bake Bread - I know this shouldn't be a big deal except I just can't do it. It doesn't ever turn out right.
  9. Finish my kids baby books - However, by this point I have totally forgot what they got for their 2nd Christmas and their 4th Birthday.
  10. Live downtown - In a loft apartment. Above a store. Somewhere I have to walk by a coffee shop and then up lots of stairs to get home. With views of the city that are never ending. Somewhere with no grass to mow or leaves to rake or snow to blow.
  11. Be a cook at a summer camp.

2 comments:

Casey said...

You should definitely take a trip alone with your husband! I highly recommend it. It will become so addictive, you won't ever want to take the kids, again! :o) Any time you want to bake bread, let me know--I'll help!

Stephanie said...

I'm taking you up on the yeast bread offer!