Thursday, January 10, 2008

itch

I hate to even say this out loud.

....but Sarah recently went to look at a house for sale and then I got on-line to look at the pictures.

It is a house that would work great for our family. It is in a soda cap (what Abby called a Culdesac when she was small). Two fireplaces. Sunroom. Two bedrooms up and two in the basement. Perfect for my out of town family and a girl home from college. Attached garage. In addition it needs a total makeover (which about put me over the edge three years ago- but today - Hey! I'm rarin' to go)

I already have the entire house remodeled in my head. Espresso hardwood floors throughout. White woodwork. White cabinets. Stainless steel. Granite counter top. Stone floor in the sunroom. Pit group (which would actually fit) in the basement. yada yada yada.

Thank goodness it already has an offer!

The weird thing is that I thought the house we are in now would be my forever house. I love my house. But really - it is too much. Too much to heat. Too much to cool. Too much space. Too much yard work.

The thought of a ranch style (did I really say that??!!) is looking really good about now.

Next year it will be the three of us. The three Musketeers, I call us. It is time to start thinking smaller. Less is more. I think we would be more comfortable in different space.

We would not make a change until Abe heads to Middle School. I love his school and I love our neighborhood.

But in a few short years who knows where we will end up! By then - Abe will be able to paint!

2 comments:

Abby Jones said...

Well then give me your house, because it is perfect for me!

Casey said...

Johanna thinks random mrs. jones has the right idea! Stella back in Mac!