Monday, March 17, 2008

Spring Break Day #1

I totally copied this idea from my friend! Thanks, Jamie!

Woke up to thunder and rain. The perfect day to be cozy at home. Instead, I hopped out of bed. Showered. Grabbed a banana and Rice pudding. Left two kids sound asleep in bed. Stopped for a cup of coffee at my favorite coffee shop, and headed to work.

I am seriously trying to come up with activities for us to do every day when I get home. I wish we would have saved Horton Hears a Who for today. Instead, we went on Saturday. Everybody needs to go and see it. I heard that over the weekend it had opening sales of like a zillion billion dollars and honestly, it was fabulous!

So back to today's spring break activity. DQ has green icecream but we did that last night. We could wonder around the toy department at Wal-Mart but we did that yesterday, too. We could walk to the library. The rain is supposed to continue into the evening.

I think I will make us hot chocolate and we will make the hike into the attic (our favorite space) with Monopoly. He has been dying to play "adult" Monopoly or Clue and this is the perfect day to teach him the ropes!

1 comment:

Abby Jones said...

Good luck, if you recall teaching Stella how to play monopoly ended in a pitiful little, "Daddy, why are you taking all of my money?"