Monday, March 31, 2008

Our Workhorse Since 1969


When dad and mom got married, dad had a problem holding down a job. As the story goes, dad would get mad about something or other and just quit. One day, my moms parent's came to visit her when I was a baby and my dad was once again out of of work. They didn't want Grandma & Grandpa to know so he hid. In the garage. The entire time they were visiting! How times have changed! He started the job he has now in 1969.

Because of that job, he provided me with lots over the years. Including (but not limited to) Cheerleading camp. Church camp. My own princess telephone in my room. A brand-spanking new alto saxophone. Piano lessons. Saxophone lessons. Sheet music. Gloria Vanderbilt jeans. Calvin Klein jeans. 2 prom dresses. Lots of homecoming dresses. An Orange VW bug. Senior Pictures. 1 beautiful wedding. Contact lenses. Lots of shoes. Gallons and gallons of gas. Pierced ears. (my mom said I couldn't get my ears pierced so dad and I snuck out one day and had it done) A trip to Disneyworld. A trip to the Ewing Ranch! Lots of baseball games and theme park rides.Camping trips. And all those 45's! Thanks, dad!

In honor of your big day I have a surprise for you.

I'm going to talk to the boys about us three kids getting matching tat's. The word POP tattooed on our biceps. Won't that be so cute?

I know I can speak for the entire family. We are all proud to call YOU our POP!

Happy retirement!

No comments: