Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Spring Break Day #3

After karate we went went dishwasher shopping. We're on the fence as to finally (a year later) get the matching dishwasher for our stove & fridge.

The highlight of our day was our trip to the library. We both love the library. Abe's new thing is looking up books in the card catalog, I mean computer, and then writing down the info on the scratch paper and then hunting down the books all by himself. He spent an hour doing that while I read Money magazine, Architectural Digest, Redbook, and People. After all that reading, I now know that I should be more concerned with my retirement and less concerned with helping my kids pay for college, I would love to build a new house, which dress to wear for my body shape and and all about Patrick Swayze's cancer.

We ended our day by shopping for our supper. We had fresh strawberries, organic carrots, cucumbers, home-made salsa, chips and hummus (is this fattening? We've been going through tons of this stuff!)and Apricot Brandy tea. An hour after supper Abe was still hungry so we grabbed him a #1 from Wendy's and then he ate a banana for dessert!

When I tucked Abe in he asked if he could read his book before bed! And he read chapter 1. Silently. A boy after my own heart.

No comments: