Over the years I have had several misconceptions. For example, when Randy and I got married he was painting a brand new house. It was blue on the outside (very popular in the 80's) and I loved the inside of it. I thought our first home would be new construction. Specifically - that home. Ha! That house was twice the amount that we were qualified to buy. Then, we had a baby. I thought babies slept and would be lots of fun. Not! We had a baby who didn't sleep and wasn't so much fun. I thought that I would always be a night owl. Now it's getting harder and harder for me to bounce back after staying up late. The most recent misconception in my world is that by eating gluten free I would loose tons of weight. No fast food. No bread. No cookies. I am celebrating one month gluten free today! However, I'm finding that back when I ate rolls every Saturday morning, and McDonald's, and cookies, I always stayed the same weight because I wasn't absorbing much of the nutrition. Now that I am healing and absorbing the nutrition - you guessed it- I'm gaining weight. I don't own a scale so I can't prove this theory just yet but I just feel different. Chuberoo.
Currently, two thoughts come to mind.
- For the first time ever I have empathy for women who won't quit smoking because they don't want to gain weight. I think gluten is looking the lesser of two evils about now, too.
- I shouldn't have been so quick to get rid of that cute maternity top. I'm going to need it to cover my ever growing chubby belly.
2 comments:
You are CRAZY!
I'm still amazed that three women over the age of 12 lived in your house for many, many years, and you don't own a scale!!
Post a Comment