Wednesday, October 10, 2007

A preview of things to come.

Annie has been very busy getting ready for her trip to Chicago. She leaves tomorrow after school. Until then she has lots to get done.

In this picture she is finishing her first grade homework (AND talking to Abby.) She helps with a first grade class and she is in charge of this Franklin project. EVERYTHING the girl does turns into a major art project. Why oh why does she make everything so complicated?

After that art project she studied for a vocab test and is currently getting ready to read Spark Notes for a book that she has read but didn't understand (really. She read it. I saw her. She's not cheating) She still needs to finish packing. We are waiting for jeans to dry and I was just informed she doesn't have enough clean undies. Lovely.

I already am missing my little Van Gough. She'll only be gone for three nights and three days so it's not so bad. But I do feel this is a little sneak peak of what my life will be like next year.

Outnumbered.

I realized tonight that I am outnumbered when Annie is gone. 2 males in our house and 1 female. I'm not going to like that too much. The scales have never been tipped in that direction before. I have enjoyed so much girl talk with my girls for so long that I took it for granted. With the boys it's different. Batman, Superman, Karate movies, Model Rockets.

I guess only one thing for me to do.

Girls Night on Friday. Coffee on Saturday. I can't wait!

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

This weekend you can take a peak into what my entire life will be like!