- My dad always took us trick-or-treating.
- It was always raining - and cold.
- My dentist always gave an entire pack of sugar-free Trident.
- All my brother and I ever wanted was a plastic pumpkin for our candy.
- Instead we used pillowcases.
- It seemed like we went to every single house in town. Of course, back then my parents knew everybody in town!
- Once, my little brother saw a cat and ran screaming all the way down the street. My dad threatened to take us home.
- Another year he saw a dog and stood there screaming.
- EVERY year my brother had a hole in his pillowcase (from dragging it on the ground) and would loose almost all of his candy. He would cry and I had to share my candy. I would give him all the weird stuff and the apples and oranges.
- My grandma always made rice krispie treat "balls" with a gum drop in the middle.
- Grandma also tallied every single one of her trick-or-treaters and would call us with the final count.
- When I was in the 8th grade my dad still wouldn't let me go out alone. He drove my best friend and I all around town.
- Randy and I saw the movie Halloween on Halloween.
- When the girls were young we had an ice/snow storm on Halloween.
- My friend, Pam, always made Halloween suckers. Her house was my girls favorite place to visit.
- A few years ago my brother dressed up as a scarecrow and sat on our porch and scared the trick-or-treaters when they walked up.
- We never had store bought costumes. They were always homemade (and so much cuter) Except for Abe and his super hero costumes.
- The best part of Halloween is dumping all the candy and seeing what you got! (lots of Snickers, hopefully!)
"Strange, isn't it? Each man's life touches so many other lives." Clarence~It's A Wonderful Life
Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Trick or Treat
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
great memories Steph!
Post a Comment