Monday, October 15, 2007

Monday! It really started on Sunday.

My weekend was pretty uneventful (just how I prefer it) until around supper time yesterday.

My brand new stove blew up. I am exaggerating but only a little. One of the fancy switches blew up. And now it doesn't work. I was going to "simmer" my waffle syrup and when I pushed the "simmer" button that is when sparks flew and it popped! Loud! It is a miracle I am still with you all today. I could have been shocked or electrocuted. This is per Randy who witnessed the entire thing. I must be pretty well "grounded" 'cause I didn't feel a thing!

I have decided when it comes to appliances less may be more. Frankly, my stove may have too many options. Too many cool buttons that will probably just give out. When the salesman told me this stove may be the last stove I would ever have to buy I should have questioned it. I should have asked him how old he thought I was? I'm not THAT old! Shouldn't it have lasted longer than a few months?

Then at 10:30 last night the middle child came home. Tired and Cranky. She said 12 hours in the vehicle put her in a bad mood. Boo Hoo.

I was being a good mom and trying to help her with her midnight snack and apparently didn't "do it right." Another case of my parental incompetence. She likes her waffle torn apart into bite size pieces and I just put them on the plate whole and then poured the syrup over them. Jeez! Don't I know ANYTHING??!! Apparently NOT! I seemed to have forgotten which child I was helping. It is the 7 year old who gets whole waffles and the 17 year old who gets them torn up. I will try and remember that from this point forward.

And then at 12:30 a.m. she realized she had NO CELL PHONE! We are in the middle of the fourth or fifth thunderstorm of the day and all I can imagine is it in the street. Ruined. Ran over. Wet. We don't carry insurance on our cell phones. Not in the budget. Thank goodness it was located this morning in the Vetter's Durango. Nice and dry. Along with her missing hoodie.

Speaking of hoodies....

Abe's Roosevelt hoodie is missing. Hopefully, he left it at school on Friday. I am trying to teach him that hoodies and coats are NOT disposable. They need to to remain in his possession for longer than 24 hours. This is bringing back memories of last winter. I sent him to school fully clothed. Then he gets hot and starts stripping, either in the school or on the playground and I never see his outerwear again. EVER! Coats. Jackets. Sweatshirts. Gloves. Stocking caps. Gone. Forever.

I think I put too much effort into making sure he is dressed cute. I am going to start shopping for the boy at Save -N- Share.

Other than that - HELLO MONDAY!

4 comments:

Abby Jones said...

I still tare my waffles apart!

Anonymous said...

so i guess ill comment on this blog...i should start reading this every day-or at least start proof reading them before they are published because from my point of view the story is ALL different...
i heart you mother

Stephanie said...

Tear, Sweetie. And you are in college?

Abby Jones said...

You know math was always my subject.