Friday, May 30, 2008

Ain't it great to be crazy?

I can hardly believe that we have already flown by one week of summer break. It has been strange with Annie gone all week. A preview of things to come, I say. I can inform you that my laundry has been cut in half and I haven't cooked all week and not one person has complained about eating PBJ's one more time. Even so, I miss that girl!

Tomorrow, Abe tests for his Black Belt. This is a major milestone. I can't believe that he has been committed to this for almost three years with no break. Lots of kids take the summer off but not us. Randy tells me that this is a "life sport." You just don't take the summer off of a LIFE SPORT! Abe has put his all into this and we are very proud of him.

Last night, after karate, a major grocery run, a trip through McDonald's drive-thru, a stop at Game Stop (no Wii Fit!) and then ball practice, and then yet another grocery store on a hunt for Heinz Mustard (gluten free) I wondered how my brother (or anybody with MORE than one child) does it. I am exhausted. I feel as if I haven't been home or able to just hang out in forever. So hats off to all of you who are raising a house full of kiddo's. I have totally forgotten how we managed when the girls were little. Plus, I worked full time back then. I do have vague memories of Abby on the swim team and dragging Crabby Pattie, I mean Annie, along to all those swim meets, which were hours away.

May turns into June this weekend, which means that my little brother turns 40. We are also days away from welcoming, what is most likely, the last babies of my generation. I will be more than surprised if Sarah makes it to July. She is absolutely adorable but she has to be miserable. I fear her stomach is going to split down the middle. Like a big plump hotdog which has been left on the grill for too long. Poor mamma! The weirdest thing is the only place that is big is her tummy. She is so cute! Oh! and to top it all off my mom has a very big birthday coming up, as well.

I think we are in for one wild & crazy summer.

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Well, at least you can't complain of boredom...