I decided the best day of the week to have a birthday is Sunday! It really seems like you get a lot of bang for your buck. Since my birthday falls at the busiest time of the year (OK - it may run a close second to December) we almost always have a school program or PTO icecream social on my birthday. So yesterday - the entire day felt special. We went to church - how can it get better than that on your birthday? And then we headed out to eat lunch at PF Changs. Shop. Go out for icecream. My perfect day with my special family.
Since we had such a great time eating gluten free at PF Changs on our anniversary I was all up for going there on my birthday. We rarely eat out anymore and it was the kids first time for eating there so I was very excited.
We got in right away (reservations!) and had a really nice waiter. The bummer was that we were seated at a table and I really prefer a booth. But - I decided not to say anything and try and not be so picky(me not picky? ha ha). I was especially glad I hadn't said anything after he made the comment that Sunday diners are the crankiest of the entire week. Since it was a birthday dinner we all ordered drinks! Coffee and Dr. Pepper.
Just like last time - the manager, a very young manager, came and talked to me about the menu and how he would personally be overseeing my meal. This surprised Annie because she has never seen such service before. She said that must be how it feels to be a celebrity. I know. Just call me Reese Witherspoon.
When our food came I asked Annie and Randy if they felt that was going to be enough or should we order another dish. The manager said not to worry that he would go to the kitchen and have something made just for us. Annie made the comment that she bet we wouldn't have to pay for the appetizer. What was an extra $14 at this point?
Randy and Annie each picked dessert from the dessert tray and the manager came to check on us. He started asking me if it was hard to go out and eat because he knows what his kitchen staff goes through when somebody comes in with food issues and I was honest with him. I told him we drove 60 miles just for lunch because I knew I could eat AND it was my 29th birthday. This surprised him (the driving 60 miles NOT that I was 29- SHUSH!). About that time our waiter came by with our ticket. The manager grabbed it from him and told us lunch was on him. The ENTIRE lunch. Not just the appetizer. Not just the dessert. Lunch! AND he gave me a coupon for a free appetizer and a free lunch bowl!
Who says there is no such thing as a free lunch?
2 comments:
Now see, there you go. Little financial miracles every step of the way.
How fun! Want to go out for my birthday too? Let's see if you bring good luck twice!
Post a Comment