Thursday, May 22, 2008

R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

Who said the tougher the job the greater the reward?

It has been a rough week. In more ways than one. I am still standing (the power of prayer) but I feel myself going down for the count and this frustrates me to no end. I will remain standing even if it kills me. If I can live 3 months without wheat, rye, barley and oats - I can survive this latest round of what, apparently, seems to be my new life.

I try and build up and am told that my expectations are too high. I try and be lovingly honest and am told I am not supportive. I have had words pierce my heart this week and am not feeling the love much at all. I feel like that proverbial doormat. Only this doormat that is also a bank. And a laundry mat. And a cook. Except not such a good cook. Suddenly, everybody is a critic. Example - Abe ate sour cream just last week (and announced that he LOVED it!). Tonight - he refused to touch anything that had that "white stuff" on it. Hello?! And heaven forbid I complain about too much texting. Who pays that cell bill, again? Hello?! That would me be me.

All I ever want in return is a little Aretha, which ain't happening. So now that brings me to my next question...

Is it way too late for "Love and Logic?"

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Nope. It's all about taking responsibily for your choices and the consequences that come with those choices. I'm guessing that applies at just about any age! :) (My five year old is sitting on the stairs for 10 minutes right now thinking he should have made a different choice...)