Thursday, May 1, 2008

the best gifts in life are free

I will admit that my anxiety level has been at record levels. I am struggling with one of my kids walking straight into a fiery inferno of huge college debt that she will be paying on well into her forty's. FYI - this generation of kids (unless they are blessed to have parents or grandparents with the ability to write that tuition check) are having to finance their education 20 and 30 years. That means they may make their last college loan payment around the age of 45! I don't think college is an option these days. I just think it needs to been done financially smart.

Abe has had to endure many of this family growing pains while he is growing up himself. He has seen one sister move to the city and then get married. And he isn't even out of second grade yet. He is the one who misses his daddy the most while Randy has been working 14 hour days to try and keep this family afloat. I think most kids are oblivious to how much their daddy works and Abe feels it every single day. He also feels that I have been a little stressed, too! He knew that I was freaked out over a huge boil, that appeared out of nowhere, on my face.

Last night, my little care taker Abe asked me if I would like my birthday gift early. Inside that gift bag full of tissue paper I found the best gift I have ever received. He printed the letters of my name with a special meaning for each one. He used a very fancy font and it was all centered on the page. On the top right hand corner, he had attached a home-made tissue paper flower with pipe cleaner. The fact that he doesn't even know how to spell my name makes it more precious to me.

This is what brought me to tears....

Super Hero
Tiger
Energetic
Proven to be the best mom ever
Hero for being my mom
Amazing
Never failed for Abe
Yellow flowers

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

That's so sweet!