Our neighborhood school "loops." What that means is that the class stays together for two consecutive years with the same teacher. It makes for way less transition and for kids who struggle with change (I have one of those) or for moms who struggle with change (that would me) looping is great. It also makes the last day of school not so bad. You have the comfort and security of seeing the entire gang in a couple of months. Same room. Same desk. Same teacher.
However, we found out Friday that Abe's teacher has taken a job in another town and so his class has been up in the air. I have heard that they may have found somebody to teach the class next year. I have high hopes that this will all work out and that this class gets to stay together!
So today - Abe and I walked to school. We talked to his teacher a bit and then the bell rang. As he was hanging his backpack up and all the kids started coming down the hall I asked him if he was too big to give me a kiss. He said he was. I knew he would say that! darn it! His friend, Kelsey, stopped by to tell me hi and I asked her if she would give me a hug. She said no but the look on her face was priceless. I kissed the top of Abe's head and as I was walking away I heard the kids asking him why his mom is so weird. Sorry, buddy.
Why did he have to grow up so fast and why does 3rd grade seem so much older than 2nd?
And where did all our baby's go?
No comments:
Post a Comment